For an easy and reliable detection of Helicobacter pylori infektions.
FANhp is designed to be used for H. pylori testing only, and without autosampler. For use with all other 13C test protocols and autosampler, the well-established HeliFANplus and FANci2 range of FAN devices is recommended.
FANhp was developed for doctors’ practices, check-up centres and hospitals who want to introduce 13C–urea breath testing for detecting Helicobacter pylori infections at reasonable cost.
Simply plug on baseline and sample bag to the 2 ports and start measuring by touching the start button on the touchscreen.
Result and diagnosis proposal will be displayed within 5 minutes. If preferred, the result can be printed out on an optional printer. For filing a daily journal or a system test, data can be downloaded to a USB stick and transferred to a computer.
- No PC is required, all operations are executed via a glove operable touchscreen.
- Easy–to–read, bright AMOLED display.
- Only four buttons on the desktop (Start, Results, Linearize, Settings), all functions designed with icons → easy and straightforward operation in daily practice, low training demand.
- Adjustable positive/negative threshold (“cut–off”) for all H. pylori test
kits on the market that can be used with bags.
- Scanner connectable to import barcoded patient IDs
- Automatic correction of negative values created by accidental inversion of baseline and sample bag.
- In case the optional printer is installed, results are printed out immediately as soon as they are available.
- 300 patient results can be kept in memory, allowing to file data as daily journals.
- Integrated self–test at the touch of a button, data can be exported.
- Device is ready for daily operation after running “Linearize” process in the morning (10 minutes = a cup of coffee).
- Consumables: bags, absorber, Nafion® tube, air filter, useable with all FAN devices.
- CE certified.
- Service interface for software updates and maintenance (by distributor).
- Accurate, reliable and stable: fully following the tradition of “Made in Germany” by FAN.
- Attractive pricing due to concentration of features and functions.
Powerful diagnostic tool
The LactoFAN2 is a powerful diagnostic tool for measuring expired Hydrogen concentrations in ppm, for example the Lactose intolerance test.
From a single breath manoeuvre, measurements are instantly displayed on the large, easy to read touch screen display.
The LactoFAN2 is a powerful diagnostic tool for measuring expired Hydrogen concentrations. From a single breath manoeuvre, measurements are instantly displayed on the large, easy to read liquid crystal display.
Main applications of the LactoFAN2 are the Lactose intolerance test and the easy indication of intestinal lactose malabsorption by monitoring the exhaled H2 after ingestion of lactose.
Fields of application:
- Lactose intolerance and malabsorption
- Carbohydrate malabsorption and breakdown deficiencies
- Sucrose and Fructose malabsorption
- small intestine bacterial overgrowth
- intestinal transit time
- easy operation by the glove-capable touchscreen
- graphical user guidance and patient animation
- result tables for several patient
- continuously updated result history
- no warm-up time
- automatic reset, sensor drift detection
- semi-automatic calibration method
- operation from 4 standard AA–size rechargeable batteries
- supplied with starter kit in a sturdy carry case
The LactoFAN2 is supplied with a simple data export software that you can use at every PC with the included mini–USB cable.
Using the optional available FANh2 Windows® software via the supplied interface cable you can transfer measurement data from the H2 monitor into test reports.
You can select a commonly used H2 breath test protocol like Lactose intolerance, Intestinal transit time or Bacterial overgrowth from the database and enter the patient’s details along with their symptoms.
The software can manages multi-patient H2 sessions stored in the LactoFAN2 and diagnoses the results. FANh2 will complete the test process by editing a professional report.
As well as the many built-in protocols, the software will accept customized protocols entered by the user. In addition you are enabled to continue using your patients’ database coming from breath tests already performed. More than this, you can use the integrated test protocol database and take advantage from the convenient diagnosis and report facilities.
Via standard data interfaces like GDT, HL7 or ASTM the software can be connected to practise or hospital EDP–systems easily.